Spark R&D 20/21 Arc Pro Bindings - Men's
- Brand: Jagaloon
- Availability: 4 In Stock
Features: Full Pebax plastics in Pillow Line straps, ladders, & adjusters. Pebax is a premium material most often found in high-end ski boots as it provides consistent stiffness and improved...
- Full Pebax plastics in Pillow Line straps, ladders, & adjusters. Pebax is a premium material most often found in high-end ski boots as it provides consistent stiffness and improved toughness in cold temperatures. It's also 20% lighter than Spark R&D's standard material. 7075 Aluminum heel loops are thinner and lighter than our standard heel loops while maintaining the required strength.
- Carbon highbacks are more responsive, lighter, and stiffer than our standard glass reinforced highbacks. Injection molding allows for more complex geometry and improved impact strength compared to other methods of carbon fiber construction.
- Hollow pivot pins: Made with stainless steel and are hollowed out to be 33% lighter than standard pins.
- A 65% weight savings is found by replacing 7 stainless steel components with custom-made 7075-T6 aluminum hardware. Not only is the pro hardware lightweight, it also adds splitboard specific features. We switched from phillips to hex heads where we could, making screws less likely to strip. We also crafted our aluminum heel loop screw with a custom screw head shape that has more than double the drive depth of a standard button head screw to avoid stripping.
- In the Box: Bindings, Tesla touring brackets, T1 heel rests, aluminum mounting screws, and Spark pocket tool. Weight: 1.23 lbs/ea (557g) - 2.46 lbs/pr (1114g) - Medium
Details: The lightest and highest performing splitboard bindings in the world - made with incredible attention to detail and no compromises. Arc Pro splitboard bindings feature all the same great assets as Spark R&D's standard Arc bindings - T1 technology, Tesla snap ramps, maximum baseplate cutouts, surfy highbacks, Pillow Line Straps with a flex window - but they are tuned up with premium materials and custom versions. Spark used carbon reinforced nylon in the highbacks, full Pebax plastics for the straps, ladders and adjusters, 7075 aluminum in the heel loops allowing us to make them thinner and lighter, 7 custom made screws and hardware pieces, and lastly, we hollowed out the steel pivot pins to shave a few more grams. Learn more about the Pro Series on the Pro Binding Tech page.